H&R Block Free Edition 2018 - 2019
The HR Block Free Edition is H&R Block’s most simple and basic tax software edition and will suit you well if you have simple tax return filing needs.
H&R Block Federal Tax Return Preparation
- Free to prepare,
- Free to print,
- Free to e-file
- Free expert advice from the support community of income tax specialists
- Free audit support and representation from an enrolled agent – NEW and only from H&R Block
- 100% Accuracy Guarantee
- Maximum Refund Guarantee
Accurate Calculations Guaranteed, HR Block guarantees accurate calculations or they will reimburse the resulting IRS penalties and interest charges.
Get Worry-free Audit Support ®
With the HRBlock audit support you receive in an IRS tax audit, free audit support and audit representation is part of their guarantee. Audit support helps you understand why you're being audited and what kind of response you will need to prepare. If you need representation, HR Block can communicate on your behalf through an audit proceeding.
Reviews: In comparison of top rated competing brands including TurboTax and TaxAct, H&R Block is known for its more generous customer support. Free chat is available 24 hours a day.
H&R Block guides you through the different areas of your return preparation process each step of the way. Life changes you've had this year are sought out and documented. Then, your personal information is collected, including information about any dependents and deductions.
Further information including your Social Security number (SSN) and SSN for spouse and dependents (if any), Your birth date and birth date for spouse and dependents.
H&R Block Free Edition Limitations:
- This product does not support data import capabilities. All entries need to be done manually.
- No special form support, Ideal for people that don't need additional tax forms.
- Online preparation only, this is an internet based edition.
- No support for home ownership deductions or investments.
H&R Block Federal Free Edition Summary, What you get:
- Free Efile included, With direct deposit you can get your refund in as little as time as possible
- Quick & easy tax return completion, easy to follow guides help you get through your return easily.
- Automatic error checking, Checks your return to make sure there are no inaccurate calculations.
- Accurate Calculations Guarantee, or penalties and interest charges are reimbursed.
- An easy interview process simplifies the process by eliminating unnecessary tax areas
- Automatically does a final check to ensure calculations are accurate
- Easy access to IRS publications when you need them
Is HR Block Free Edition Right for You?
Start right away if you have a simple tax return to prepare, it's free so you have nothing to lose by trying it. If another edition may be better, you can upgrade at anytime. The free edition promotion mainly covers those filing the 1040EZ federal form, which is about 16 percent of H&R Block customers. The 1040EZ form covers only the very simplest tax issues.
What is Form 1040-EZ?
The Internal Revenue Service publishes Form 1040-EZ to be used by individuals reporting their simple form federal income, and to calculate any refund from, or balance due to the IRS.
Form 1040-EZ is much easier to fill out and less time-consuming compared to the longer form 1040 and form 1040-A. Using the H&R Block Free Edition to prepare form 1040-EZ may be the right choice for a person that does not have kids or dependents, does not own a home, or did not attend college where they would need to apply tax deductions or credits.
However, by using the Form 1040 or 1040-A to report common tax deductions and tax credits you may be able to save some serious cash. In this case you would want to upgrade to the Basic, Deluxe or Premium Editions depending on the deductions you are taking.